Thursday 16 July 2015

Dark Avenging Angel by Catherine Cavendish

Don't hurt Jane. You may live to regret it.

Bullied by her abusive father, Jane always felt different. Then the lonely child found a friend in a mysterious dark lady who offers her protection - a lady she calls her "angel". But that protection carries a terrible price, one to be paid with the souls of those Jane chooses to suffer a hideous and eternal fate.

When Jane refuses to name another victim, the angel reveals her most terrifying side. Payment must be made in full - one way or the other.


Release Date 4th August2015

I've never read anything from this author before but if this book is anything to go by, I'd definitely read more. This was quite dark and horrific.

Cavendish has made a really freaky world here with bad bad guys and a likeable (if also slightly pathetic) leading woman. I mean, I understand that she's been ridiculed by her father her whole life and pretty much walked over by most people because of that but, even knowing this back story, I found it hard to feel anything strong toward her.

It didn't put me off the story as a whole though, if I really didn't like her I would have DNF'd it fairly quickly. But I didn't and I'm glad I didn't because the story was unique and interesting.


Amazon UK: Dark Avenging Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment