Sunday 26 July 2015

Confessions of a Virgin Sex Columnist! by Kay Marie

My name is Skylar Quinn. I just moved to New York with my best friend Bridget, and I have a confession. Well, more than one. Okay, quite a few really. Fine, here goes!

Confession #1: I'm a sex columnist. Hold on, that's not really the confession. You see, I'm sort of a virgin ... sex columnist.

Confession #2: I'm kind of in love with Bridget's older brother, Oliver. No, I was. No, I am. Wait, was? Am? Crap.

Confession #3: I've been avoiding Oliver for four years. Or I was until today, because he just moved in. Yes, you read that correctly. He's my new roommate. So that night we've both been pretending never happened, well, we might not be able to keep it a secret any longer.

And trust me, this is only the beginning.


So this was a very generic chick lit type book. The heroine, Skylar, is very annoying about her virginity, - she makes this big deal out of still being a virgin when she's only 22 - she's also annoying about alluding to her and Oliver's past but never saying what happened (which turns out to be no big deal, by the way). I mean, I get that the author was trying to do with the "secret past" but Skylar mentioned it a lot and it really did start to drag.

The story was your basic girl likes boy, boy hurts girls feelings, girl avoids boy, girl can't avoid boy any more, girl denies feelings for boy, boy hints at feelings for girl, girl gets confused by feelings. I've read a few books like this and it sort of explains why I don't read a lot of chick lit books. I thought this one might be a bit different going by the title - I expected funny situations and maybe even for Skylar to not be afraid of her virginity.

If you like typical romance stories then you'll probably like this, for someone like me that was hoping for something a little different from the typical romance - I'd suggest you leave it alone.


Book Depository: Confessions of a Virgin Sex Columnist!
Amazon UK: Confessions of a Virgin Sex Columnist!

No comments:

Post a Comment