Saturday 7 March 2015

Lion's Share by Rachel Vincent

Abby Wade has a dangerous secret.

Two months ago, she disobeyed an order, but instead of kicking her out of the Pride, Jace offered her a job. Since then, she's been battling a completely inappropriate crush on the young, hot Alpha. But when accepting his job offer seems like the only way to keep her skeletons safely in their closet, Abby doesn't hesitate.

Jace Hammond has a big problem.

A rogue is slaughtering humans in his territory, and he must eliminate the threat before the entire shifter species is exposed. There could not be a worse time for Abby to accept a job he only offered as a boost to her confidence. Abby is smart, beautiful, and resilient — more than enough to distract any man from the mission. Unfortunately, she may just be the worst enforcer ever to hold the title.

As they hunt the killer, Abby's secret becomes a threat to Jace's authority and to her own life. But the real danger is the grip she has on his twice-shy heart.


OMG! You guys have no idea how excited I was to read this book! This was literally me about this book ...


I really loved the Shifters series and was sad when it finished so when Rachel Vincent announced this new series I was very excited!

This book confirms why Rachel Vincent in one of my favourite authors. She did not disappoint. This book was hugely anticipated (not just by me, I'm sure by all Shifter fans) and she didn't let me down. It was action packed and had already developed and well loved characters so it was easy to just fall into.

I started reading it on lunch at my work and got pissed when I kept having to stop. I got so into it that I actually read some before bed one morning, which is saying a lot since I work 13 hour shifts and only get about 8 hours in the house between shifts so tend to just sleep. So yeah, it takes a fantastic book to get me to give up my between shifts sleeping pattern.

We all know and love Jace but we also get to know and love Abby in her first full length outing. You can tell she's enough like Faythe to cause the council worries but she's also her own person and wants to stay that way. As much as she has feelings for Jace, she also has a huge secret to hide from him as her Alpha so it kinda gets in the way of their relationship becoming anything - well that, and other things.

I'm really struggling to write this purely due to the fact that I loved it and don't have a bad thing to say about it. I'm dying to get the actual paperback version when it comes out and I cannot wait for the next book to see what's next for Abby.

Also this is Rachel's first indie published book so please buy from an actual retailer.


Amazon UK: Lion's Share
Amazon.com: Lion's Share
Amazon.ca: Lion's Share
Smashwords: Lion's Share
Kobo: Lion's Share
Nook UK: Lion's Share
Barnes & Noble: Lion's Share
iTunes: Lion's Share

No comments:

Post a Comment