Thursday 22 November 2012

Wilde's Meadow by Krystal Wade

Happy endings are hard to find, and even though Katriona is in the middle of a war with someone who's already stolen more than she can replace, she aches for a positive future with her Draiochtans.

Armed with hope, confidence in her abilities, and a strange new gift from her mother, Kate ventures into the Darkness to defeat a fallen god.

Losses add up, and new obstacles rise to stand in the way.

Is the one determined to bring Encardia light strong enough to keep fighting, or will all the sacrifices to stop those who seek domination be for nothing?


The final fight is here. Katriona must face the god inhabiting her best friend, and she must kill him and believe that Griandor will keep his word and bring him back to life. She must trust her army and has to face the facts that she will lose some of her friends.

This is the last book in the series - I feel I keep getting surprised by finale books lately. So many series that I really enjoy are coming to an end without my prior knowledge, seriously it has happened so much recently.

I have really enjoyed this series, as much as I disliked Brit and (in this book) Katriona gets a bit whiny and woe-is-me about the whole saviour thing. Yeah sure, she has to save a world she knew nothing of and has only recently found out about but she accepted it all so readily at the beginning that I find her downtrodden attitude a bit annoying.

Other than that, this was an excellent ending to a fantastic series and I recommend reading it, if you haven't already.


Book Depository: Wilde's Meadow
Amazon UK: Wilde's Meadow

No comments:

Post a Comment