Tuesday 16 October 2012

Fractured Soul by Rachel McClellan

Llona will do whatever it takes to protect her new found friends and home, but the dark plot that is threatening Lucent Academy, a school that's supposed to be a safe place for Auras, may be too powerful for even Llona to defeat. This fast-paced tale of love, loyalty, and overcoming the darkness will keep you on the edge of your seat until the last page!

Release Date February 2013

Following the events of Fractured Light, Llona and May are at Lucent Academy. Llona doesn't feel like she fits in with the other auras and is keeping a big secret from everyone, but on one of her nightly dangerous jaunts she finds out some stuff that leads her to uncover a huge undergound Vyken plot at the academy. Determined to help the school whilst also keeping her dark side at bay, she ends up enlisting the help of May and her new friends as well as Christian to fight the ultimate battle on school grounds.

When Rachel offered copies of this for review on her Twitter page, I jumped at the chance to continue this series. I loved the first one and let me tell you something ..... this one is even better! Loved it! The action was better in this since Llona already new how to fight so we didn't have to watch her learning, it was all action from the beginning. Her relationship with Christian is gaining momentum but she put it on hold when she felt like the darkness from her Vyken bite could overtake her personality.

Aah Christian, I love him. He's willing to lose his Guardian title to be with Llona, she's his happy! I get that, I have a comfy and I miss him when I'm not with him or he with me.

MAJOR SPOILER! (Highlight to read)
The ending is brutal! Llona loses Christian ... in the permanent sense. I was really shocked but I know why Rachel did it. It's going to help Llona in the long run but I think it could also cause some problems to pop up.
/SPOILER

So, if you read and enjoyed the first, you MUST continue with this series. If you haven't read it and want to read a YA fantasy with something unlike the others out there, then go and pick up Fractured Light. I swear you won't regret it.

*rubs hands together and waits for Fractured Truth to come out*


Book Depository: Fractured Soul
Amazon UK: Fractured Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment