Sunday 23 October 2011

My Life As A White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland

Angel Crawford is a loser.

Living with her alcoholic deadbeat dad in the swamps of southern Louisiana, she's a high school dropout with a pill habit and a criminal record who's been fired from more crap jobs than she can count. Now on probation for a felony, it seems that Angel will never pull herself out of the downward spiral her life has taken.

That is, until the day she wakes up in the ER after overdosing on painkillers. Angel remembers being in a horrible car crash, but she doesn't have a mark on her. To add to the weirdness, she receives an anonymous letter telling her there's a job waiting for her at the county morgue - and that it's an offer she doesn't dare refuse.

Before she knows it she's dealing with a huge crush on a certain hunky deputy and a brand new addiction: an overpowering craving for brains. Plus, her morgue is filling up with victims of a serial killer who decapitates his prey - just when she's hungriest!

Angel's going to have to grow up fast if she wants to keep this job and stay in one piece. Because if she doesn't, she's dead meat.

Literally.


The first time I heard about this book was when another author, Nicole Peeler, posted the cover on Facebook. I mean, how amazing is that cover? It's Dan Dos Santos and it certainly stands out on a bookshelf. From the minute I saw the cover, I started keeping an eye out for the release date and eventually the author tweeted about the first 2 chapters being available and I loved them.

White Trash Zombie is hilarious! Angel tries to cope with her new job and the fact that she has a strange craving to consume brains from the bodies in her morgue. I really, really, really hope that this is a new series and not a stand alone because I loved this. It's the first Diana Rowland book that I've read and her writing style is really enjoyable.


Book Depository: My Life As A White Trash Zombie
Amazon UK: My Life as a White Trash Zombie

1 comment:

  1. I've read Rowland's Demon books and liked them but I really liked this one. Nicole ABS Diana chatted about this book a lot on Twitter prior to it's release, which is how I found iyt about.

    ReplyDelete