Monday 2 May 2011

Bite Club by Rachel Caine

Morganville is a quiet college town where humans and vampires live in relative peace. But lately a great deal of blood is being spilt ...

Having survived a number of adventures with her new night-dwelling friends, college student Claire Danvers has come to realise that for the most part, the undead just want to get on with their lives.

But someone else wants then to get ready to rumble.

There's a new extreme sport being broadcast over the Internet: bare-knuckle fights pitting vampires against one another - or, worse, against humans. Claire soon discovers that what started as an online brawl will soon threaten everyone in Morganville. And if they want to survive, they'll have to do a lot more than fight ...


This is book ten in the Morganville series and Rachel Caine's storylines are still as strong and well written as ever. Usually by the 10th book in a series, I've came across at least one book in there that I didn't like. Mostly because the story was poor, and I fear this with some of my favourite series because it may put me off them. Thankfully, this hasn't happened here.

I absolutely love the characters in the Morganville books. Claire has grown so much since we first met her in Glass Houses and I really like who she's turning into. Shane is hot as ever and we get some Shane POV in this book which is great, I've read a couple of shorts from Shane's POV and I like his voice. Eve is .... well, she's Eve, she's awesome! And Michael has some stuff to deal with but he's still fun. And of course, my favourite character is, and always will be, Myrnin. I think it would be hard to knock Myrnin from my top spot, he's crazy and loveable.

If you haven't read the Morganville series, I suggest you do it but you really have to start from the beginning which is Glass Houses. And if you have read the rest then I'm sure, like me, you'll be delighted with this installment and eagerly awaiting Last Breath which, I think, is out in November.

So it's not too long ...... *taps fingers and chews nails* ........ not long at all!


Book Depository: Bite Club
Amazon UK: Bite Club

No comments:

Post a Comment