Friday 12 November 2010

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes


At the age of four, Bryn watched a rabid werewolf brutally murder her parents. She was rescued and taken in by the mysterious Callum, the alpha of his pack. Now fifteen, Bryn's been a human among werewolves, adhering to pack rule.

But the pack's been keeping a secret, and when Bryn goes exploring against Callum's orders, she finds Chase, a newly turned teen Were locked in a cage. Bryn needs answers, and she needs Chase to get them. Suddenly, it's Bryn and Chase against the werewolf world, whatever the consequences.


This is the first book I've read by Jennifer Lynn Barnes and the first I've actually heard of her. I picked it up on a whim because it was on a deal with another book I wanted to read, and I wasn't disappointed.

This was a different take on werewolf packs and with the added difference of a human in the mix. I instantly liked Bryn 'cos she can kick ass and stands up for herself against the pack alpha, who I also liked straight away.

The attraction between Chase and Bryn is instantaneous and inexplicable. Bryn's friendships are believable as are her relationships with her 'family'. The pacing is very good and keeps you in the story.

A must read and the sequel is on my wishlist already.

Rating
5/5


Book Depository: Raised By Wolves
Amazon UK: Raised by Wolves

1 comment:

  1. I adored this book! It's one of my new faves to reccommend. I even got a friend who doesn't like YA to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete