Thursday 25 November 2010

Must Be Love by Cathy Woodman


It must be love. What other reason could there be for city vet Maz's contentment with her new country life? The vet's practice where she's partner with her best friend Emma is thriving, and so is her relationship with the gorgeous Alex Fox-Gifford.

But then circumstances force Emma to take a break from the practice, and Maz's life suddenly spirals out of control. What with working all hours trying to keep things going, fending off insults from Alex's parents, keeping one eye on the lusty locum - who's causing havoc amongst the village girls - and dealing with Emma's precarious mental state, it won't take much to upset the apple cart. So when she gets some unwelcome news, only time will tell whether Maz and Alex's love can withstand the fallout.


I picked this up since I enjoyed the first book, Trust me, I'm a Vet, which surprised me 'cos (as I said in the review) it's not the type of book I normally enjoy. I like strong heroines which you don't normally find in chick lit books. I think my main reason for enjoying these books is the setting, it reminds me of my time at work.

Maz's relationship with Alex is continuing and, much to his parents annoyance, seems to be getting stronger. Maz is fully immersed in her partnership with Emma until Emma seems to lose interest. Then the faecal matter really hit the fan!

I really didn't like Emma in this book, she comes across as a bit of a bitch. I know she has bad news in this book but she's still bitchy. I like how Alex and Emma's relationship is coming on and, since the author used to be a vet, the hassles of being a vet on call and trying to be keep a relationship going are a big story point.

A very light hearted, quick read with some ups and downs and the normal sads and happies. Worth a quick perusal, especially if (like me) you can appreciate the setting of it.

Rating
3.5/5


Book Depository: Must Be Love
Amazon UK: Must Be Love

No comments:

Post a Comment