Wednesday 17 November 2010

Can happiness cure migraines?

I don't mean tra-la-la happiness but that feeling of sheer contentment.

I used to get a lot of migraines, not as many as to say it was a major problem in my life but I probably got about 2-3 a week. I used to refill my prescription fairly regularly and I recently realised I've probably only filled it a couple of times in as many years. The only thing that's changed in that 2 year period is; I met Gary.

This is not meant to sound like a "my life is excellent and I'm so happy" piece of crap because my life is far from it. I don't enjoy my job, constantly wish I hadn't made the decision that screwed up my life a few years back and, like everyone else in the world, am constantly struggling with money. But I am lucky enough to have met a man that I have loads in common with and instantly clicked with.

The best decision of my life so far was joining the website that I met Gary through and then following through from that and meeting in real life.



So yeah, does happiness cure migraines?

I think it does. Even if it's just all in my head!

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of migraines are triggered by stress, so yeah, being content can absolutely contribute to curing migraines. :)

    ReplyDelete